Monday, April 4, 2011

The Greatest Bluebirds in Pensacola

For many years, these inspiring birds have been loved, admired, and at home in our own backyards, rivers, bayous and bays; even in the Gulf of Mexico.

They have been seen all across the country, but always, at the beginning of the season, come back to Pensacola.

I have always loved them.  My mother loved them, and my daughters love them.  My younger daughter, as a toddler, grew up calling them the Blue Fairies!

Sitting on our deck, two Sundays ago, we could hear them...slightly until their presence was made known...gone before we could spot them, like thunder in motion!  Luckily, I grabbed my camera and was able to snap one as it passed over our bayou; rare footage indeed for someone like me!

They are known far and wide.  And everybody knows Pensacola loves these glorious birds, the Blue Angels!

Please double click for better view.

No comments:

Post a Comment