Thursday, March 17, 2011

EAGLE EYE HERE.......

Well, my husband is always picking on me and my imagination,,but I'm not always off the target!  Tuesday, we were having toddies on the deck when Inoticed a large bird landing in a dead pine(thanks to hurricane Ivan) in my neighbor's tree.  An osprey, I thought. We love to watch their theatrics, and fishing skills.  I  looked really hard and noticed a huge yellow curved down bill. I jumped up and ran inside for the binoculars..and Holy Moly..it was a bald eagle!  I had seen one two summers ago on the Fourth of July.  And in the past two weeks, I was pretty sure I had seen one in a vacant lot in my neighborhood(again, thanks to Ivan), but he was taking off, and I never got a good look!

Anyway, my husband could tell I was serious, and grabbed the binocs....wow, was he flabbergasted!  I finally reclaimed the binocs and he grabbed the camera.  I told him the pictures wouldn't be that clear because of distance, but he snapped away.  I called our neighbors, the Rasmussens, and they ran over with their bionics, also.  Phyllis and I bought them in New Orleans "FOR OUR HUSBANDS", uh hum.  He was magnificent.  Before they made it to our deck, the eagle took off, swooped down on our lake, and grabbed a mullet, I suspect.  He made a beautiful picture making a big circle, then headed into the trees to have his dinner. We just loved it.  When my husband did a quick look at the pictures, he said, "You have got to get a better lens, a huge one!"  I'm all over that!!!

So please pardon the blurriness of some pics....I just had to share.

WEAGLE WEAGLE
WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!
(i just couldn't help myself!)




















1 comment:

  1. Those are great pictures, I hope we get to see one on the Point this summer. thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete