Tuesday, June 28, 2011

TIME "FLIES" BYE...












Well, it has been a while since my last post.  Since then, I turned a year older, loved playing with my new baby girl, Cricket, and joined FaceBook which I never thought I would do.  It has gotten SSSOOO HHOOTTT here in Pensacola. And the Fourth of July is just around the corner.  I really can see what my parents meant by time flying by as you get older.  I wish I could slow it down, some.

Also, the Bluebirds second brood has left the next. Mom and Dad are still having their mealworms during our toddy time, and are still taking some worms to their young, in the trees in the neighborhood.  I don't know if they will follow Mom and Dad back to our magnolia. As a matter of fact, all baby birds have flown away from my yard except for one Jenny Wren nest, and one nest of sparrows.  Even the Purple Martins whose rhymic trills and clicking are all but gone.  They will find their way back here next spring.




Jenny Wren, worms left in tiny pot.




 







                     Bottom house has small web cam for
                             watching the family grow!


I'm sad to see these families leave, but I am so looking forward to watching for hummingbirds.  IAs I posted earlier, we have had one in our yard that did not leave in the winter.  He has been here since last summer.  Now we have an abundance of beautiful nectar plants for hummingbirds.  Also, we have gardens with both host and nectar plants for butterflies.  I will hopefully document the stages of several different butterflies over the next few months.

For now, I will leave you with pictures from around the yard, my pets, and my birds.


don't forget...double click!



































 Happy 4th of July, Ya'll!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing. Your Blue birds are amazing. Beautiful photo's of the joy's in life. Greetings from Australia.

    ReplyDelete